Monday, January 12, 2009

Whoo Hoo! I'm finally blogging!

Hello, my cyber-friends!
Here is my debut as a blogger, so bear with me. I have been busy finishing up the last of my Christmas presents (and yes, I know it is the middle of January!) and I wanted to share them.
Before I show off the presents I made for my nieces, I want to show you what fun I had with Stampin' Up!'s(R) Decor Elements -







I knew I wanted to put one or two on my car for the Christmas season, so I chose this one and the "Jingle all the Way" for the other side. I didn't attract as much attention as I hoped, but with any luck, it helped people remember the real reason for the season.

I was very excited about the "Santa & Sleigh" Decor Element. My very loving and supportive hubby made me a plexi-glass frame so I could hang it in our front window. I used the Filigree Decor Elements to make it look like snow swirling. The best part is that this is still available, so I might be able to promote it better next year.
OK... now for the presents I made. I hope the girls like them. It is such a neat idea shared by a lady, Peggy Outen, from one of my Yahoo Groups. They are called Memory Cans. These are the ones I made for the three oldest nieces. I tried not to make them too cutesy. The idea is to tear off a piece of paper from the handle, write a thought or memory on it, date it and save it in the can. Of course, they can do whatever they want with them , but I thought it was a neat "upgrade" on journalling.
Below are the others I made:
This one uses the new Candy Lane DSP and is for ME! =)
Well, that is about all I have to share today. I will begin working on my Valentine's as soon as everything from Christmas is safely in the custody of the USPS.
Thanks for looking!




2 comments:

  1. Becca! Looks fabulous! Welcome to the world of blogging. Don't worry after a while you will become a blogging pro! I love your memory cans!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen a can like this and fallen in love a couple years ago when a fellow SU addict decorated a full sized paint can for a baby shower and put her gift inside! But I really love this too! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete